Saturday Morning Share…a kitchen renovation that makes me smile…
It takes a Team (the client + interior designer + remodeling/custom cabinet company)
Another early morning (just me, my coffee + english muffin)…but that’s OK…I am tickled pink to finally share this kitchen remodel project! It’s been a true joy in every way…from the initial design meetings to the final photo shoot. For me this kitchen remodel has all the elements required to label it as ‘the perfect project’…a wonderful client who is always eager to explore new ideas, a remodeling company (Harmon Builders http://harmonbuilders.com/) who treated all aspects of this project with extreme detail and care, and a design that not only looks beautiful but also transformed this 12’x12′ kitchen space into a functional-working kitchen.
I am certain the reason this project was such a joy was due to the creative team (client + interior designer + remodeling/custom cabinet company) that collaborated from the initial design phase through the construction phase.
As you browse through the photos take note of the following details:
- An overall layout (keeping the foot-print of the space) for the 12′ x 12′ kitchen space included: consolidating work areas by using a range/oven + microwave above, designing storage for specific needs (pantry, corner lazy susan cabinets, appliance garage, pull-out broom storage, wine rack, cookbook shelf), and keeping plenty of open counter top space.
- The custom inset cabinetry in a shaker style crafted by Harmon Builders
- The decision to use a gray-green cabinet color sets the color palette for the space
- The client’s request to use eco-friendly products such as the Paperstone counter top…adds a wonderful warm texture. http://paperstoneproducts.com/
- A new garden window opens up the view and brings in much needed light!
- Construction details such as the new back door and door hardware
- Pops of color added to the space such as the decorative light fixture above the sink, a rug runner, and bench pillows.
The Over-all Space
New garden window
Colorful Glass Pendant
Pattern of Inset Cabinet Drawers
Travertine subway size tiles + accent glass tiles
The client’s family chairs paired with a bistro table
Last but not least…we all need this…tucked away broom storage (thanks Paul H. for adding that storage detail!)
A Coupe of Before Pics … to really appreciate the transformation!
Here’s a link for this client’s ‘Great Room’ that I designed a few years ago….’great-room’ in concept…but really a ‘small space’.
Please continue to share Design Sense and Sensibility with others.
Here’s to creating splendid spaces – Cheers!